We celebrate each child as an individual and pride ourselves on tailoring a unique learning journey for each of them. Our highly qualified staff are committed to creating an environment that is safe, nurturing and empowers children to learn.
Set in the heart of Helmdon, surrounded by rolling countryside and farmland, Helmdon Acorns is a bespoke, purpose-built preschool that is registered to accept children from the age of 2 until they start primary school.
Care – backed by credibility
We are registered with OFSTED and received Outstanding at our last inspection in February 2018. You can read our latest inspection report here.
Helmdon Acorns is registered with the Charities Commission and is overseen by a management committee that is made up of parent volunteers. Our registered charity number is: 1035898.
Our aims, for your child
- To cater for the needs of each individual child and to encourage their particular strengths
- For the child to become increasingly independent, confident, able to take risks and make considered choices
- To develop warm and secure relationships with adults and peers while encouraging respect for others – be caring and thoughtful
- To be able to communicate their needs to others
- To develop a positive approach to the acquisition of new skills that will provide a good foundation for future learning
- To build an effective two-way partnership between home and pre-school