We are a village pre-school registered to accept children from 2 years old until they start primary school. Situated in the village of Helmdon near Brackley, our new bespoke building with its large outside space was opened in 2011. We have a welcoming reception area and a large bright open-plan playroom with fabulous views on to open countryside. When we designed the building we included a fully fitted kitchen with low-level worktops for the children’s cookery sessions, purpose-built children’s WCs and space for our staff to relax or meet with parents.
We are a registered charity managed by a voluntary committee of parents and employ a team of eight dedicated staff.
We are very lucky to be located in a beautiful village setting surrounded on one side by a row of woodland trees and our own nature area whilst looking out on to open countryside from our free-flow play area and garden. Our woodland area allows the children to participate in Forest School activities.
Helmdon Primary School, with whom we maintain close links, is located only a stone’s throw away on the far side of a woodland path.
- To cater for the needs of each individual child and to encourage their particular strengths
- For the child to become increasingly independent, confident, able to take risks and make considered choices
- To develop warm and secure relationships with adults and peers while encouraging respect for others – be caring and thoughtful
- To be able to communicate their needs to others
- To develop a positive approach to the acquisition of new skills that will provide a good foundation for future learning
- To build an effective two-way partnership between home and pre-school